“The Sunshine Award is an award given by bloggers to other bloggers. The receivers of the Sunshine Award are bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogsphere.”
I love this little guy! He makes me smile. ^ I have to admit... I'm amazed that, despite my gramatical errors and consistent misuse of all sorts of punctuation, I still somehow managed to make the list. ;) Thanks, Anna!
Oh, but with that... *insert curtsey and cliche two-handed trophy shake* ...there's a catch. The award requires that I tell 7 facts about myself and then nominate 7 others! Ooooooh I'm so excited!
The question is- What don't you already know about me?
I figure I'll start where I'm most familier... food! ;)
1. I absolutely LOVE strawberry shortcake... and I don't mean the silly little cartoon girl, I'm taking about the deliriously deliciousness kind. I'm not sure if it's the strawberries I love, or just the mountains of whip-cream that I eat while preparing said dessert, but my mouth is watering right now just thinking about it!
2. I'm loving the show White Collar! Less because of the plot and more because of the suave suits that character, Neal Caffrey wears, I'm just sayin'...he's not too bad to look at. ;)
3. Despite being "known" as a relatively put-together and somewhat stylish woman... I seriously hate getting ready everyday. Mornings are the bane of my existence, which tends to put a damper on my daily routine. ;)
Along with morning issues, I hate having to do my hair on a daily basis. I mean really. It's not going to do what I want to... plus, by not doing it, I could avoid arm cramps from blowdrying and 2nd degree burns from my flat-iron of doom! Oh... and lets not get started on clothes fitting properly. Why do I buy these things, seriously. ha!
4. Let's see... most of you probably knows this one - but I'm going to say it anyway...
I love Autumn! Seriously. It always carries the best colors, the prettiest views and crisp-est air. I always find my favorite clothes in the fall and I love all the lead up to the hoiday season. I mean really... between allergies, frozen toes and sticky summer skin, I could do away with other seasons, I think.
Oh, oh, and "autumn" candle scents almost never smell like weeds or cinnamon crazy or pine trees -like other seasons do. Autumn smells typically revolve around harvest and thanksgiving- which means food- which means caramel and cake and brulee and pie and warm cookies- which means this girl is a very happy one!
5. If I could have a lifetime supply of something I think it might be new white socks. How glorious would it be to have your piggies in brand new socks each time you put on sneakers?! They won't stretch out, they won't get holes, you won't have to have a sock hunt in your laundry basket or washing machine AND they'll always be just as soft and squishy as ever! ahhh!
6. I'm slightly obsessive- complusive. I simply can not leave my house without straightening up the couch and living room first. I have to straighten the pillows, shift the cushions, fold the throw blanket or lay it in a perfect way and put away anything that doesn't 'belong' in the living room away before walking out that front door.
Truly, If I don't straighten everything up, I feel angsty and uneasy. Kind of like feeling you get when you know you've forgotten something important, like the stove is on and could burn down your house -except I feel like that if my couch has a wrinkle. Utterly ridiculous, I know.
Also, I often write notes or lists over and over and over again until I 'feel' as though my handwriting is uniform and everything is in logical order. The computer saves me a lot of time and aggrivation.
7. you probably know this too... but I truly think that piglets are the cutest animals on the planet- right next to baby elephants. Seriously... the way they prance around adn snort and those ugly little noses make them oooh so adorable! I die. Everytime. My typical response to seeing a picture or video... tears.
See, I'm tearing up right now!
And now, without further ado…
I follow quite a few fantastic blogs that I obviously find inspirational or hysterical (I love those kind) but since I'm limited to just 7... I thought I would pick a few ‘seasoned’ bloggers and some 'diamonds in the rough' that may be a bit newer to the blogsphere... but incredible nonetheless!
You should follow their journeys too as they encourage others, speak truth into lives, get a little crafty and well... just make us laugh! <3
Sarah at Life and Grace
Whitney at Navybeans
Sarah at Sarah Sane and Tall
April at Chronically Hopeful
Lauren at Traded Dreams
Jess at Get Busy Living
Darla at My Crazy Life