Saturday, December 29, 2012

Promise and Purpose for the New Year

Promises for 2013...and always:



Things to Remember this year:





 

Be Grateful:

Be Content:
Be Courageous:

Be Careful:


Be Moldable:

Be Constant in Prayer:

Be Hopeful: 

Be Kind: 
 

Be Realistic:
...Only Jesus can save. 

Be Patient: 


Don't Be Angry: 

Forgive:

 


Don't Compare:
Look Forward:

The new year typically ushers in many 'resolutions'...
New diet plans, work-out routines, new promises, new desires and plenty of hope for new beginnings...
but how many times do we actually follow through? 
How many resolutions die off after a few weeks or months? 
How many things do we start and fail to finish well?


This year, I don't chose 'resolution',
I choose 'revolution'

Revolution in my own life.  
I'm not simply deciding;  I am going to act.  

This not an addition to my daily routine.  It's a replacement of my daily routine.  
It's surrender.

I'm overthrowing anger and bitterness, mistrust, jealousy and fear.

I am going to seek God's face.  (only His face)
I am going to meditate on truth.
I am going to be constant in prayer.

... on a moment by moment basis.



I know that I'm not strong enough, brave enough, or motivated enough on my own... and I know I will fail at times.... but I surrender to what God has for me this year.  It may not be what I want now, it may not be what I think is best,  easiest, or the most 'glamourous'...  

But I'm going to chose to believe that God has me right where he wants me.

I'm going to choose to believe, once again, that God will give my the deepest desires of my heart if I delight myself in him.  I'm going to believe that God sees the unseen and that's good enough for me.

I'm going to believe the best about people.  I'm going to love. I'm going to forgive. I'm going to be glad for others and I'm not going to allow jealousy to creep in and steal my joy.  

I'm going to trade in anger for tears, if that's what it takes. 
I'm going trust that something beautiful is coming.
I'm going to talk to myself like God would talk to me.  
I'm going to assume that others aren't judging me as harshly as I judge myself.
I'm going to take time to be still.

I'm going to be hopeful.  

What's your New Year's Revolution?

2 comments:

  1. Great collection!
    This morning John Maxwell spoke at church, I like his simple challenge. He said to ask ourselves if we were worth 10 minutes and a dollar a day. A mere 10 minutes invested in a better us; a stronger faith, a better attitude, more prayer, you decide how to invest the 10 minutes on improvement, and 365 dollars won't change our life, but it could if used as a gift at the end of the year, change someone else's! <3

    ReplyDelete