Sunday, September 23, 2012

Front Door

 PINspiration:  
Our New Front Door

After endless Pinteresting and deliberation between my husband, mother-in-law, and myself, we finally decided to paint our door! I finally decided to create something pretty and personalized to hang as well!

Soon after being married my husband notified me of his hatred for wreaths. haha. (How one can "hate" wreaths, I have no idea) ...but needless to say,  I've been avoiding putting anything up for quite some time now. I can't seem to find anything in the store that's door-worthy and non-wreath-like... 

But thanks to Pinterest and some A.C. Moore adventures,  I created this... 
YAY!

Teresa and I went to A.C. Moore, found some big wooded letters (they were a little over $3.00 ea.), a small wooden 'n', some sale ribbon from the "Halloween" stockpile at the front register (I think it looks rather cute and classic...and not Halloween-y at all), a single wooden stake (like you'd use for a yard-sale sign), some spray-paint and fishing line (thanks to Home Depot and Teresa's collection of random items)... and that's it.

We just painted the wood items, glued them together with Gorilla Glue (That's some serious stuff), tightly tied the ribbon around the top of the stake, threaded some fishing line around the back (to hang on the nail at the top of our door), and looped the ribbon around several times to make a bow!

Easy-peasy and relatively fast thanks to fast drying paint and glue!
I was just so pleased with my little self that I HAD to share my very first Pinterest craft project and the things that originally inspired me...


This is what I was originally thinking... (painted door and simply but contrasting wreath)


These are my cute (and more neutral) Pinspirtation door hangers...

  
and THIS is the finished product. 
I think it turned out quite nicely, don't you?!

No comments:

Post a Comment