Monday, July 30, 2012

2 Years


Today we celebrate 2 years of marriage and many hopes for many more years together.  We’ve made it.  The “trying two” every married couple has warned us about has come… and gone (hopefully).  We’ve adjusted to life with each other, career changes, financial changes, spiritual hardships, families and new friends. We are in the process of learning to balance work, play, service, togetherness and quiet time. 

So much has changed in these past two years.  It seems to be easier to judge the speed of time with other’s life events though. In the past two years, we’ve witnessed several of our close friends, and family members make lifetime commitments to their best friends, go through the adjustments of married life, pregnancy, career changes, the birth of little ones, moving, deployments, buying homes, family trials and loss. It’s amazing to see how much life can dramatically change in a few short years.  We have rejoiced and mourned with those we look up to and are connected with. 

Watching our friends go through these phases definitely makes me look forward to our future and know what to pray for and against as well.  I’m excited to see what the next two years have in store for us. We haven’t quite mastered marriage yet, as if that’s even a possibility, but we have learned a lot. As with any sort of growth, there have been many growing pains but I can look back and see the present well and know fully that I’ve grown so much closer and so much fonder of my dear Jed because of them.  Even the difficulties of moving and family and friend adjustment have shown me how blessed I am to have a man and leader that truly cares about me, loves God and loves the idea of making an impact on people for Christ.

I’m grateful for his motivation, his ability to dream and his ability to still remain in reality. He’s intelligent, hardworking, stable, loving and fun. He has the best sense of humor and this incredibly annoying way of showing we he loves me by picking on me until I’m either ready to scream or cry or bite him. Which always makes for an interesting play/fights and laughter. We can hang out around the house or adventure outside and be completely content. I feel completely at ease with him.  I’ve never felt so comfortable in my life and I absolutely love it. 

I we have had our moments but I’ve never regretted my decision to spend the rest of my life with my best friend.

We’ve survived graduation, marriage, a move, new friends, new family, job changes, church events, jumpy spiders, ant invasions, hurricane winds, my failed attempts at “gluten free” cooking, Jed picking on me (usually ending in some disgusting way (ie: boogers, spit or injury), road trips, family visits, youth group, young adults, emotional break-downs, grocery shopping…

I know there are plenty more adjustments to come and things to work through, but I'm so happy to have made it this far and so incredibly blessed.  <3


I Love You, Mr. Rieke
Today and Always.



No comments:

Post a Comment