Sunday, July 22, 2012



...A nice view from the car on my way back from a lovely visit with my Best Friend and Mom. 


I left friday night after work and traveled to Crownsville MD to visit my favoritest Em.  Traffic was a beast and it was misting and raining the entire way there and throughout my brief visit (which, along with tiredness, put me in an odd mood) but I have to admit, I was still incredibly encouraged while I was there.  I can't even explain how wonderful it is to have a friend like Em, who listens, understands, interjects and suggests solutions. :) I miss her so much because she truly adds so much to my day to day life.  I don't get to see her often and it's easy, due to distance, to forget how much I love and need her... but trips like these really make me remember how lovely she truly is.   

After a long, late night/early morning talk and leisurely morning, we headed out to the mall. And finally made it there after two additional trips back to her house to get forgotten items.  lol   Clearly we are incredibly thoughtful people.  And after much searching, we finally found a parking space near a lake. By lake I mean ginormous rain puddle. I guess the rain not only brings flooding but lots and lots of people out to shop! Imagine that. :)  We ate and chatted and window shopped. Went back to her house and (as usual) just hung out rather quietly until I had to leave :) The weather wasn't the most inspiring and my visit was short lived, but it was definitely worth it!

I left Saturday evening and headed to Salisbury to visit my Mom in honor or her birthday.  My sister has been staying in PA for a bit this summer, so though I missed seeing her, it was nice to see my mom and have her all to myself for once. :)  I got it pretty late, due to unexpected traffic but we had some pizza and decided to be spontaneous and go see the new Batman movies at 11ish.  I knew it was going to be a fun night when during once of the previews mom about jumped out of her seat because of an unexpected noise.  I thought... oh boy, here we are in a "premium" theatre, watching an explosively loud action/drama flick and she's already freaked out at the previews.  haha. We are in for a treat!  The movie was pretty intense but very good.  We left the theatre and headed home with the intention of going to bed but, as always, that didn't happen because we spent the next hour (and some) talking about life and past and future. It was quite nice.

This morning we went to church and I got a nice kick to the gut in the emotional sense.  The sermon was about Hoarding. (like the show... but with past and emotion and experience all in the spirit rather than a house full of stuff).  It definitely struck an important chord in me and again, verified the kind of work God's got to do in my life and the kind of emotional baggage I've got to unload/ let God unload for me.  Not the easiest things to hear or do but necessary and very applicable, so I'm incredibly grateful for the message this morning and the enthusiasm and encouragement pouring out of the pastor.

God knew what I needed this weekend and certainly provided some opportunity for relaxation and rest... not physically, but intellectually, emotionally and spiritually.  Which was a HUGE blessing! And then God showed off by giving me a sunshine-y, cartoon cloud-y, blue-skied drive back home to my wonderful husband.  :)

I'm really looking forward to the week ahead and praying hard about what God has in store for Jed and I in the coming months as we round the corner on 2 years of marriage. We feel like we may have a glimmer of direction and we are waiting on God to open and close doors.  We are really praying for clarity and opportunity as we find our way, plan for future and enjoy the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment